Saturday 6 April 2013

Legion Flyers

I seem to be getting a lot built at the moment, but very little painted. Still, it's all progress at the end of the day, even if it is still very much WIP.

My latest builds have been a pair of flyers. The first being a Storm Eagle, converted from the Storm Raven kit and some plasticard:


I've always wanted a Storm Eagle or two to support the Fated 15th, but at £90 a go from Forge World and having a limited hobby fund, I found it hard to justify spending out for it, as gorgeous as the model is (especially as I want two).

So I bought myself a Storm Raven for £45 from my FLGS, looking to see what I could I do to make it more Storm Eagle-like. As it turns out, it's surprisingly simple and with a few hours work, it looks close enough to quell any size/WYSIWYG issues and look pretty good to boot. Plus, if I'm willing to put in the conversion work on a second kit at that price, I can get two Storm Eagles for the price of one. That can waitr though

My second flyer purchase was a Storm Talon:



I know the Legions can't technically have these, but I'm going to count it as Vulture with Punisher Cannons - it's certainly got enough dakka for it!

Assault Cannons were still very much experimental at the outbreak of the heresy, but I'm sure the Mechanicum wouldn't have objected to allowing the Warmasters own legion to field test the new weaponry. I figure having that many guns on one vehicle should more than justify the 20 strength five shots it can dish out, plus the small chassis can account for the Vector Dancer special rule

No comments:

Post a Comment