I've managed to get quite a bit painted recently, but unfortunately I havn't had much time to get many photos of what I've been working on, due to uni commitments. I'll try and remedy this in the next few weeks if I can find some free time.
For now though, I'm happy to announce I've actually made some serious headway with my Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons after three long years of planning and experimenting with them! The main thing which has been holding back progress on them has been trying to find a good recipe for their red armour. Every attempt I've made on them in the past just hasn't looked right. Then a few weeks ago I picked up some Army Painter Dragon Red basecoat spray and it all just seemed to click into place. I followed the basecoat with a Carroburg Crimson shade and a bit of weathering and I think the end result looks excellent.
The marines were built using the SM Tactical squad kit (with a lot of conversion work) and some Warriors of Chaos helms. I'm still wondering whether or not to add helmet crests to them, as the Thousands Sons are shown in Collected Visions, or whether to save those for the veterans of my force. I'll leave them as they are for now though, at least until I have a full squad of them. The sergeant is a combination of the Thousand Sons and FW Iron Armour kits
They still need their bases finishing up and markings added, but I'm thinking about saving the latter for when the FW Prospero book arrives, so I can mark them correctly. For now though I'll just be happy to get a whole squad done to a battle-ready standard. At least five more members will be added when my next bitz order arrives, then I can turn my attention to some characters for them and the Alpha Legion I've been inspired to build by the release of Extermination.