Tuesday 20 March 2018

That still counts as progress!

Ive been in a bit of a hobby slump over the last week. I was on a roll for a few days, ready to finally finish my Breacher Squad over the weekend, then for some reason I lost all desire to do any hobby.

I think it's because I haven't been able to get out and play a game for a while. My work schedule has been all over the place recently, so it's been over a month since I've been able to get a campaign battle in. I haven't even had time for a quick Necromunda game.

It's annoying that my desire to hobby these days is tied so closely to finding the time to game, but I suppose that's a side effect of being an adult and having responsibilities.

On a plus note I did manage to organise my hobby space a little bit. I bought a box for my vast bits collection and spent a few hours clipping bits from the bag of sprues I've had knocking about for ages and distilling the contents of some of my many bitz boxes into it too.



It's nice to get a better handle on what I've actually got instead of spending ages searching through sprues every time I want to build something. Doing this yielded some interesting discoveries. I have far more Mk3/4 heads and bolters than I'll ever need, but I'm running alarmingly low on the bits I need for my Thousand Sons helmets. I also have more Combi-Plasmas than I thought, so I may do something with those very soon.

So yeah, I'm calling this my hobby progress. I need to shake off my painting funk soon though, as I've ordered a load of stuff from FW, including no less than three Primarchs! If I don't get on with things soon I'll find my painting points shot to hell when they arrive.

There's also the fact that if I don't get the Breachers done this week, I'll be in the Age of Darkness 'Box of Shame'. Noone wants to be there, especially in my first two weeks on the challenge. I've got four days off later this week though, so I'll hopefully kick myself into shape then.

No comments:

Post a Comment