Tuesday 28 February 2017

A day of progress

It's been a day of steady progress for me, having decided to crack on with my Tartaros Terminators and Breachers. Both performed rather well for me in my game last night, so I figured they deserve a lick of paint or two as a reward. My Breachers even earned the honour of being the first models to receive transfers from my FW Decal sheet!

As you can see, I've weathered them up a bit. Breachers without battle damage just don't seem to sit right with me. When I get around to it, I'm also going to freehand the Raptora symbol onto their shields. I wish Forge World put symbols for the various cults on their transfer sheet, but alas not.

There's another 13 of these to go, in various states of completion. I think the whole unit might take me a while, but they should look awesome when they're done.

The Terminators are in a lesser state of completion unfortunately, but I've at least managed to get the majority of the basecoats and shading done on two of them.


The Vexilla is just for show, seeing as Terminators can't take them. I originally included it as an idea on how  to show their cult allegience, but that was before I saw the legion rules in full. I was figuring that Terminators would work well as Pyrea cultists, being amongst the most aggressive of squads within the company, but after having had a play with the actual rules I'm leaning more towards the idea of running them as Raptora for the +1 to their Invunerable Save. The WYSIWYG pedant in me might just see me keep them as Pyrea though, even if they're a bit worse in-game for the switch.

Oh and before I forget, I also made a start painting these guys




I found these guys in a drawer when I was looking for my spare pot of Nuln Oil and are the main reason I don't have more Terminators painted. I've always liked the idea of running some White Scars allies alongside my XVth  Legion, as the two legions were always close fluff-wise. I'm also hoping that an allied detachment should scratch this particular hobby itch enough that I won't splurge on a full army for them!

I built these guys back in September when I managed to get a good deal on some secondhand Bikers on Ebay, with the intention of spending a month or so getting them finished. The problem came with arrival of the Burning of Prospero box, followed closely by the December 'Sons releases and the rapid approach of Inferno and they sort of just got pushed to the back of my mind. When I unearthed them though, I figured I should really get at least one squad finished, so away I went. I'm going to have to try and not let them become a full-on distraction though, as I really want to get my DE Corsairs finished soon.

A good day's progress I think. Hopefully this marks the start of a productive streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment