Wednesday 21 May 2014

Basilisk Part 2 and Ebay find

 Considering the awful state it arrived in, the Basilisk hasn't actually cleaned up too badly. It only took a few hours soak in Fairy Power Spray to get it to a nice workable state.



The next stage will be harder though, as it will involve carefully prising off all the 'improvements' the previous owner made without damaging the model beyond use. It could take a while.

In the meantime I've got another restoration project on the go:

I found this ancient Master of Signal whilst trawling through Ebay, caked in about half an inch of paint, meaning nobody was bidding on it. Never one to pass up a bargain, I bid a quid and forgot about it. Five days later I got an email from Ebay saying I'd won the auction. Result!

The paint came off with just half an hour in the Power Spray, leaving me with a rather nice classic miniature to add to my Sons of Horus. I'll be painting him up at some point, although I want to finish up my Reavers first.

No comments:

Post a Comment