Wednesday 26 February 2014

Imperial Army troopers

I've managed to get a few games in with my Sons of Horus recently, making excellent use of my new favourite unit, the Reaver squad. These guys are amazing. They're really versatile and flexible on the battlefield, just like the Sons of Horus should be. I like these guys so much I've reassigned most of my previous Veteran squads to Reaver duty and given them a new paint job to match. I'll post up some photos when they're finished.

Alongside them I've been working on some Imperial Army allies, an addition I've made due to the fact that everything's so expensive points-wise in the Legion list that I need some cheap bodies to babysit my home objectives.

After a bit of tinkering, I managed to throw these together:





I went for a look which tries to represent the individuality and lack of standardization which the Imperial Army was known for, whilst still giving me a coherent force. I built them using Cadian bodies and various Space Marine and Space wolves heads I had laying around.

I think they look pretty good, even though they still need their bases finished. I need to find a transport for them, as well as obviously bump up their numbers. Hopefully they'll do the job of keeping my backline safe quite nicely. They'll also soon be joined by some more unusual allies, but more on those soon.

1 comment: