Tuesday 30 October 2012

Sons of Horus Apothecary WIP

It's not just Space Wolves I've been working on. I'm still plugging away at my Sons of Horus, although progress is hampered somewhat until I find my pot of Colicia Green or aquire a new one when GW Cambridge opens on Wednesday. That's the trouble with keeping an over-cluttered painting area, stuff does tend to wander off.

But enough about that, here's Legion Apothecary Grysus:


As you can see, he's built using normal marine parts, rather than the FW kits. The legs are Mk7, but that's because the materials I'm going to use for studs havn't arrived yet to make them Mk 5. I've been waiting for weeks now and the delay is really starting to annoy me, as they're a key part of the project.

I decided to use Fabius Bile's backpack for his Narthecium/Reductor. I figure that if Fabius was using one in the Heresy, then other Apothecaries probably were too. The Skulls on top represent his Augury Scanner (gives Interceptor to one unit a turn and lets you fire on units arriving from reserve). I figure that, much like Servo Skulls, they're probably housing some kind of scanning tech. Either that or so chaos sorcery, as I'm building them as a post-Istvann/Age of Darkness force.

The shade of his armour is the same recipe I used for the Praetor. The more I use it, the more I like it, although I'm finding I've got to be careful when applying it, as it has a tendency to pool in the wrong areas and look nasty - this guy was stripped and repainted three times!

There's a few details that still need to be finished on him, like the studs and Oath of Moment on his leg armour, but he's pretty much done.

As usual, let me know what you think guys, your feedback means a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment