Wednesday 31 October 2012

Internet Sheep

The online gaming community really does make me laugh sometimes. You may remember a few months ago I posted an article on how Deamons are amazing under sixth edition, especially Flamers of Tzeentch. (if you don't, or you missed it, here it is) I was pretty much laughed at on Warseer and the 40k Forums and told I was an idiot.

Now lo and behold, someone at Bell of Lost Souls has found how nasty they can be and people are hailing them as the new messiah for pointing out that deamons have become a real cheese list, like it's something new.

 Good to see how the clique-y the online community is. Apparently nothing is true unless the big names are saying it too, at which point it becomes gospel. They're tring to claim a tournament list for them can be unbeatable, and I got shouted down and called an idiot for pointing out some very simple counters for it. *sigh*

To be honest, it doesn't really bother me, but it makes me chuckle to see it unfold.

2 comments:

  1. It is one (of many) reasons why I don't use Warseer. It's basically a forum for assholes. 40Kforums is a far better and nicer place to discuss the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted on 40kforums too, but was pretty much ignored, apart from a few people saying that daemons are screwed over by their randomness too much to be competitive

      Delete