Monday 29 October 2012

Space Wolf Progress

Been a while since I showed some of my Space Wolves, so thought I'd post some up.

I havn't made as much progress as I thought I would with them, but at least I'm making some headway.

Here's the second model in the entire army I can actually say is fully finished: Shield-Brother Ragnac of the White Wolves.

As I've explained before, I've modelled the Wulfen of this pack just using the parts from the Space Wolf sprues. The background explanation for it that he's a pack member whose undergone the mental degeneration that the Curse of the Wulfen brings, but in a strange quirk of fate, not the physical transformation. In practical terms this means the berserk fury that the curse brings can be brought to bear in battle, without sacrificing the protection that a fully enclosed suit of power armour can offer.


People who have read 'Prospero Burns' may recognise the roughly scrawled eye of aversion on his shoulder pad, put there by his pack brothers to ward off the Malificarum that may trigger Ragnac's full transformation.

What do people think? I still need to add a coat of gloss varnish to the blood to make it look fresh, but I think he's turned out rather nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment