Tuesday 24 April 2018

Distractions within distractions

Here's a project I wasn't expecting to do. Well that's not strictly true, I've been planning this guy for a while, but I was planning to hold off on doing it until I'd finished Horus and a few other bits.

But when I sat down to do some hobbying yesterday, this kind of just happened. It's probably a good argument against piling up the bits for my next project on my hobby desk where it can tempt me from what I'm meant to be working on! 

Anyway, I built and (mostly) painted my version of Marius Vairosean yesterday:


He was surprisingly quick and easy to do. I had him built and painted in about 6 hours.,whuch is pretty good going considering that he was quite a complex build. I ended up having to kitbash his sonic cannon from about half a dozen sources, including a Volikte Culverin, parts from the Chaos tank upgrade sprue and even a weapon head from the old Chaos Warrior kit, plus a ton of green stuff work on top of that.

To give you an idea, here's a pic I took before applying paint:


I still need to find a right hand for him. My usually excellent bits boxes have let me down for once, so I need to order an open hand to fit in there, but other than that, he's pretty much done.

I'm rather happy with the way he's turned out actually. He fits closely to how I pictured him in the novels, although I have literally zero ideas on how I'm going to accurately represent him in-game. I can't think of a single HQ in 30k which has rules which would do him justice.

After this I really ought to be getting on with Horus or my Necromunda stuff next, but given my level of distraction recently, my next post could be pretty much anything!

What do you think of him? 


(a quick side note, I'm posting this from my new phone, so if there's any formatting issues, let me know so I can fix it) 

No comments:

Post a Comment