Monday 23 April 2018

Detour into Necromunda

I mentioned in my last post that I wanted to do some Necromunda side-projects, so I figured I'd tell you a bit about those.

I really need a little break from painting endless power armour, so I sat down and got a bit of painting done on my Slaaneshi cultists. The rules for them in White Dwarf seem pretty interesting, so I might end up using them instead of my Eschers if my local club ever gets their Necromunda campaign rolling.

In order to use them though, they need to be finished. luckily I've made some good progress on them:


I'm just waiting for some Sector Imperialis bases to arrive for them and I can finish them off. I started out just basing them normally so I could use them in 40k too, but then I realised that as they gain upgrades in the campaign they'll be straying too far from WYSIWYG for my liking, so I'm better off keeping them as a purely Necromunda thing.

I also found this in a charity shop the other day for a quid:


It's a rather nice toy train which happens to be the perfect scale for Necromunda/40k terrain. The moment I saw it I was imagining the possibilities for fun narrative games this could provide. Me and my mate who plays Goliaths are defintiely going to have to play a heist scenario at some point with this as the objective!

It somewhat harkens back to 'Operation Homehammer', which was my plan last year to build a table's worth of terrain for home gaming. That idea kind of fell by the wayside for a while, mostly due to my lack of time to pull everything together, but this has given me the kick up the arse I needed in the motivation department to crack on with making that a reality.

It'll also help me practice a few weathering techniques I've been wanting to try, but haven't had an appropriate model to test them out on.

Anyway, that's enough gushing from me about junk from a charity shop. I'll post more when I've done something with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment