Wednesday 4 April 2018

A horde of progress!

I've been pretty busy over the last week. After getting annoyed with the Land Speeder I was painting for my Thousand Sons and dumping it back in the stripping tub, I decided to take a bit of a break from painting red and gold. I turned my attention instead to the easy painting points I was talking about in my last post.

Having had a rummage through the case containing my Emperor's Children, it turned out that I had no less than 27 Cultists which just needed basing to be considered done.


Possibly the easiest chunk of painting points I've ever scooped up!

I also found Kharyk the Wanderer and Aryan Ythykal, my Sorceror and counts-as Lucius who I was working on before Christmas.

They both just needed a couple of highlights and basing, so I got those done too:


That's another 20 points right there. I'm actually shocked that I didn't get these finished at the time, but I'm guessing that I just got distracted. Thanks to these guys, I'm in a position where I just need to claw back one more point and I'm in positive figures for the first time ever!


 Of course this deviation from my focus on my 15th Legion had to come at a price. That price was a crumbling of my resolve not to start on my Primarchs until I'd painted the armies to go with them. Having racked up 47 painting points in a single night, I was feeling pretty good, so I decided to make a start on Horus:


Not a bad start for a couple of hours work I think, although obviously there's still a long way to go on him. Annoyingly I can't just push through till he's finished, as due to a packaging error he came without a head, so I've got to wait for a replacement part to be sent out to me. I think I'm going to get everything save for that done while I'm waiting though.

So yeah it's been quite a productive few days for me. I need to get the Land Speeder done this week for my hobby challenge, so that'll be a bit of a slog, but at least everything's heading in the right direction and I'm in a productive mood, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. Handy to have so many near finished pieces and get them over the line. The cultists look well and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) Yeah it's really handy. It does feel a little like cheating at times though, even though I still put in the effort on them a while back!

    The biggest challenge on the Cultists was resisting the urge to go back and paint every tiny detail. There's going to be so many of them clustered together on the table that noone's going to notice even if I do put in the same effort as my Marines.

    ReplyDelete