Sunday 22 April 2018

A Terminator-y kind of post

I was planning to put up a few discussion posts alongside some hobby progress over the past few weeks, but work's gotten a little crazy recently so I unfortunately didn't get the time to sit down and write anything. Hopefully I'll be able to sort something out soon.

What I did manage to get done though was completing my pledges for the latest stage of the Two Week Challenge.

I pledged 5 Thousand Sons Terminators, 8 Veterans and 3 Justerian this time around. I've been so busy that I began to worry that I'd bitten off a little more than I could chew. Cue some rather frantic applying of washes and transfers this morning in order to meet the deadline!

Here they are though:




They're certainly not my best work, but I think I've gotten them to a decent tabletop standard. If I was to go back and redo any of them, I'd definitely start again on the Cataphractii. I just can't seem to be able to get the highlighting right on them. I'd rather move forward and make progress though, rather than dwelling on the same models for weeks on end,

This post has also given me a rather nice opportunity to test the new camera on my phone. Expect a definite upswing in the quality of photos on here in future! Also let me know if the new photos cause any formatting issues, as it's hard to judge from my laptop at times.

So what's next I hear you ask? Well I've pledged to build my Volkite Heavy Support Squad and finish painting Horus over the next two weeks, but I also want to get on with a few Necromunda-related side projects, so expect updates from those over the next couple of days. Hopefully work will allow me the time to actually get some decent hobby done this week. Give that the tourist season's just started though, that may be a forlorn hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment