Thursday 10 January 2013

Prospero Spireguard WIP

 Ok, so I'm focusing on my Thousand Sons for the time being (must resist another rant about Forge World...grrr), so I've been working on my Troops choices - specifically two units of Prospero Spireguard (to be fielded as Scout squads), ready to provide long range support for my Scarab Occult units (Sternguard).






They were built using a combination of Cadian and High Elf bits, with Bolters taken from various sources. The Missile Launcher is a Hunter-Killer Missile.

 Here's a group shot:


There's still a lot of work to be done on these, but you can get an idea of what the finished unit will be like.

 I quite like them, although they're turning out a lot darker than I want them to be. I might strip them down again later and experiment some more, but for now i'll wait and see how they look alongside my Scarab Occult units.

2 comments:

  1. I've never thought of using High Elf bits for bodies to represent 'greatcoat infantry', the legs look a bit slim but overall it is an interesting idea. (I would've personally used wargames factory scifi troop bodies).

    Can't wait to see the completed unit, and happy painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers mate. They are a bit slender, but I'm going with an Egyptian look for them anyway to tie them with my Thousand Sons, so they fit perfectly that way.

    I think they'd need too much conversion work to use for normal greatcoat guard unfortunately. I might experiment though and post up my results if i come up with anything :)

    ReplyDelete