Sunday 25 March 2018

Only three years in the making... Breachers complete!

It's amazing what you can achieve when under pressure. With the imminent arrive of a pair of Primarchs and the looming spectre of the 'Box of Shame', I managed to sit down and actually finish up my Breacher Squad:


Once I actually forced myself to work on them, it wasn't actually too bad. It was more a case of just getting myself to my painting desk and minimising distractions.

One thing I have learned is the importance of planning out transfers before doing them. I decided to add the serpent symbol of the Order of Ruin after I'd already done the decals for half the unit. I had the idea that it would appear on every one of their shields, with it going on their shoulder pads as a backup. I ran into a problem with one of these guys when I realised I'd already applied transfers to him in such a way that the serpant wouldn't look right on both the shield and the pad, so it ended up going on his lower leg instead. It wasn't a huge issue though and I've my lesson for next time.

I'm so glad these are finally finished and looking great. I've been working on the idea for them for so long that it actually seems strange to think that I've got nothing left to do. Considering I've been working on them for three years though, I'm glad they turned out well.

So that's the Box of Shame avoided, 10 painting points in the right direction and a cool looking unit to use in my game on Monday night. Not bad really.

Now to turn my attention to my Veterans and Land Speeders, plus a Heavy Support Squad. These aren't nearly as urgent, as I've only pledged a single Land Speeder to the next stage of the challenge, but I need to at least get them built and base-coloured so I can use them on Monday night.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment