Saturday 10 March 2018

Back on track

After my little distraction, I'm returning my attention to my more pressing project, which is of course my Breachers. I promised myself that I would get my 1000pt force painted before the end of the current campaign leg, but that isn't looking like a realistic prospect now. I've got nothing in the force that's above about 75% completion and I can't even take part in the game now due to real life getting in the way.

Instead I'm going to set myself a wider goal. The next stage of the escalation campaign is 1500 points. That's not actually a massive amount more to do considering the premium that Thousand Sons pay for their units in 30k, so it seems reasonable to aim to get that completed in time for the end of second campaign stage, which will be in a month or so.

I've also decided to give myself a little kick up the arse in the productivity department. The Age of Darkness podcast (which is fantastic btw and you should check it out) runs a regular segment called the 'Two Week Hobby Challenge', where listeners set themselves challenges and aim to complete them in two week segments. It seems a great way to keep motivation up and also adds an element of accountability if I fail to complete it, so I signed myself up.

My pledge for the next two weeks is to finish painting and basing my Breachers, with a stretch goal to get the transfers done as well. This seems a pretty easy start for me, as my Breachers currently look like this:





 They're coming along nicely, even if I do say so myself. I reckon a couple of nights work on them should see them finished. Considering how long I've spent on them, I'll be over the moon to finally see them done and sitting in my display cabinet.

In case you're wondering, this is the state the rest of the force is in atm:





I finally feel I've reached the turning point between thinking 'this looks terrible and will take ages' and 'actually these are nearly done and don't look too bad'. It's a fine line, but it's always nice when a project reaches that stage.

I think the focus of the next period of the Two Week Challenge will be focussing on the Veterans, but I'll see how I feel when I get there. Either way, expect lots of hobby progress posts in the next few weeks as I get these done.

No comments:

Post a Comment