Friday 30 November 2012

Marksman Conversion WIP

My Forge World order still hasn't arrived (sigh), so I've been taking a look over my Empire, working out what I have already and what I still need to build/get hold of for my final list.

While playing with army lists, I decided I wanted ten (yes, ten!) Handgunner units, each with a Marksman with a Hochland Long Rifle. A tall order!

Unfortunately GW don't produce a specific Marksman model, outside of the awful plastic kit that makes the State Troops look like they're wearing onesies. They do have some nice Engineer models with Long Rifles that could be used as Marksman, which would fit right in with my Engineer-themed force, but I've got plans for both of them.

This left me one option: convert!

I started with an old-style Handgunner from one of my existing units (i think it's from the 6th ed Starter Set) and added plastic tubing to build it up into a contraption-of-long-ranged-extinction. I still need to add bits and pieces to it, but i think it's looking good so far:


The only downside is the fact that the model i used as a base is already painted, so I'm going to have to be extra careful when i come to paint it up, so I don't end up ruining the existing paint job, but that's a bridge I can cross when it comes to it

No comments:

Post a Comment