Tuesday 20 April 2010

Deathstrike Missile and a lone Gobbo

Unleash the secret weapon! *cue evil laughter*

You may remember about 8 months ago i put a post up about using a Deathstrike Missile in a game against Deathwing ( if you missed it or forgot, it's here), well i was digging out my old vehicles from a cupboard a few weeks back and realised that i couldn't find my Deathstrike anywhere. I reckon it got lost when i moved house a while back, but it wasn't a great loss, as it gave me the opportunity to create this :





It's built from a cut-down V2 Rocket kit i found in a model shop. It came with everything it needed, including launch pad (although i modified it from the default vertical position). The only problem was that it didn't fit on a Chimera chassis, so i grabbed a spare rhino i had lying around doing nothing - if anyone queries it, i'll just say the Blood Pact aren't fussy who they loot their vehicles from. In fact, i think the Pacters will take great pleasure in corrupting the vehicles of the humanities finest defenders.

For WYSIWYG though, I'm going to have one of the crew carry the 'front mounted' heavy bolter

Although it's not obvious from these pics, I've made the Missile removable for after the launch.

The only thing left to do now is finish painting it, add some cultist crew and unleash it on an unsuspecting foe mwahahahaha!!




Also, this is a Night Goblin that my Girlfriend is in the process of painting and has asked me to put up. I'm so lucky that my girlfriend is as big a geek as me - and even luckier that she's willing to paint up my Gobbos for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment