Friday 22 June 2018

Catching up

It's been a busy couple of weeks for me. I've had time off and actually gotten a fair amount of hobby time and gaming in, but Pokemon Regionals have meant I haven't really had much time for blogging. It's quite annoying, as I feel like I'm now playing catchup, but that can't really be helped.

Hopefully over the next couple of posts I'll be able to get you guys updated on what I've been up to. It'll also help get things sorted in my head where I am with my projects and what I should be doing next.

First of all, I got models done!

I haven't actually completed much recently, considering how many different projects I've been working on, so it's nice just to have some finished models sitting in front of me. The bulk of this has been completing my latest Two Week Hobby Challenge - getting a five man Volkite Culverin Squad finished for my Thousand Sons:


I'm really quite happy with how they turned out, especially as I was thinking they were looking terrible right up until the last stage of highlighting. It just goes to show how a little perseverence can pay dividends. The transfers were pretty easy to do, although they were delayed slightly by need to wait for a new decal sheet to arrive from Forge World.

I also finished my Whirlwind Scorpius, barring the need to apply transfers at some point in the future:

This basically means I just need to finish painting my Terminators, then convert up my Termite and I'll have my 2000 point force ready for when my local campaign resumes. This has taken a bit longer than I expected, but considering I haven't even  had a chance to order the bits I need, I think I can be forgiven for not getting those done quite yet!

Apart from these, I've been mostly focusing on my Necromunda stuff. I'll cover that collectively in my next post though, as there's rather a lot to show you.

For now though I'll leave you with some pics from a 40k game I played last week. I broke out my Emperor's Children for the first time in ages and had a game against my local Harlequins player.




It was a really close and fun game, full of the chaos and mayhem you'd expect when these two ancient enemies meet. I lost narrowly in the end, but when the game is this fun, who's really keeping score?

Special mention goes out to the single Heavy Bolter Marine who just simply refused to die. Over the course of three turns, he withstood the attentions of two Venoms and Shadowseer before finally having to be dispatched personally by my opponent's Warlord. A true hero of the 3rd!


I'll definitely have to make sure he gets some special attention and decals when I go to finish up his squad!

No comments:

Post a Comment