Saturday, 1 April 2017

Whirlwind Scorpius WIP

It's been a busy few weeks for me, unfortunately very little of that activity has involved the hobby. As ever real life has been getting in the way. I have managed to make some progress on one or two things though.

In the little free time I've been able to snatch, I've been working on this:

It's the Whirlwind Scorpius for my Sons of Horus which I've been meaning to get around to repainting ever since I stripped it down about a year and a half ago. Other projects and a new job distracted me somewhat since then, but now that I'm settled into work and I'm trying to reign in and tighten my hobby focus for a while, I can hopefully turn my attention back to it for long enough to actually finish it.

To be honest, it's taken me far longer than I want to admit just to get it from the undercoat to this stage. My paint scheme for my Sons of Horus is time consuming to begin with and I really struggle to paint tanks for some reason, so that's slowing the whole process down. I'm actually starting to miss the days when I wasn't that good at painting, so could churn out whole armies in just a few months and not worry about it so much!

If I can stay focused though, I'm hoping to get the bulk of it painted this week. I've got a couple of days off coming up, so I'm hoping to use some of it to finish up the weapon system and detailing, leaving me with just the commander to get done. I've got a couple of Contemptors I want to work on for my Thousand Sons too, so hopefully I'll at least get the base colours down on them.

Anyway, I'll post more soon. I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things again blog-wise and try and get back to posting at least on a weekly basis, if not more. I'll have to see how that pans out though. I know how terrible I am at sticking to plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment