Thursday 16 March 2017

Expanding the Mind


After the last post, I had a good think about what to do with The Wandering Mind. I don't really want to pack it all in and just move elsewhere. This blog has been part of my life for about 8 years now, so there was no way I'd just leave it to die off.

I was chatting to a friend last night who does online promotion and he suggested running the Blog alongside a Facebook page and Twitter account, with link-backs and clickthroughs and a load of technical sounding jargon which I didn't entirely take in. I think the word 'diversify' came up several times as well.

Anyway, the upshot of the conversation is that I've decided to launch a Facebook page for the Wandering Mind to run alongside the Blog, allowing me to reach out to more of the hobby community, whilst still maintaining the core blog. I'm also planning to shake up the content I'm producing a little bit, with conversion articles, battle reports and news items being weaved inbetween my usual posts about my lack of painting progress, which on reflection my posts have become a little to focussed on recently.

Those of you who are long-time readers of the Mind may remember this will take the blog back to being closer to what it used to be when I first started running it back in the heady days of 5th edition 40k. This should hopefully help keep me a little more motivated hobby-wise, as well as producing content that's a little more interesting for you guys to read too.

The Facebook page is at: https://www.facebook.com/The-Wandering-Mind-147458422442817/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel , so check it out, let me know what you think of my plans and (hopefully) invite your friends to read and like it. I'm really looking forward to this new direction the Mind is about to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment