It's been a while since my last post. This is mostly due to being unemployed and just having moved into a new place, so i've been too busy to get round to blogging. I've been slowly plugging away at some of my projects though. I even got some models finished for once! I'll be trying to post up my progress on stuff over the next couple of weeks.
The main thing I'm working on atm are my Thousand Sons. I've finally found a red paint scheme which works for them and I actually like. This coupled with the release of Betrayal at Calth means I can get most of what I need in one go. I've got my copy of B@C ready to go, thanks to my lovely girlfriend who got it for me as an early Christmas present, but it's taking all my self restraint not rush through and assemble it all at once.
This is the test scheme i have so far for my XVth Legion:
I've got a plan to convert up some helmets for them from Chaos Warrior helmets, so he's remaining headless for now (Assuming I don't go the whole hog and buy FW heads for the whole army) and I'm going to see if I can prise the left shoulder pad off so I can replace it with the Mk IV Forge World ones previewed in their newsletter today, but other than that, I'm happy with how he's shaping up.
With the test model complete, I've started a little production line to paint up my first squad:
'Slow and steady' is my watch phrase for the whole project. Considering I've been planning this force for nearly five years now, I don't want to get too carried away and potentially ruin my expectations for the end result by rushing through it.
I'll post more soon.