Wednesday 10 October 2018

I'm back - with Titans!

My levels of hobby productivity has been a bit erratic recently. As a result, I haven't had a chance to post anything up here for ages. It's hardly surprising, considering how manic this summer has been at work. Now the worst of that is over though, I want to try to get back into my 'one hour a night' routine.

It would be quite helpful to get some regular hobby sessions rolling again, as my pile of plastic needing attention is reaching quite massive levels. On top of the two Grand Master Editions of Titanicus which I've been plugging away at, I also bought a pair of Reaver Titans when they launched last month. I also showed my lack of willpower once again by buying into the hype around the Conquest partwork magazine which just launched:




In my defence, you can't really say no when you can get Primaris Marines for that price! I've never really gotten that excited for Primaris before, but I figure having some for my Deathwatch would be quite useful at some point.

Me and a friend are going to be going halves on a subscription, so expect us to be getting into some Kill Team action at some point soon. As if I don't have enough to be getting on with.

Speaking of which, I've made some pretty decent progress on my first Grand Master box. I've managed to pretty much complete the two Warlord Titans from the box, Metatron Omnissiah of the Legio Xestobiax and Umbra Mortis of the Legio Mortis:




Both are complete barring some decal work, finishing the bases and gluing on some leg panels, but the decals can wait until Forge World get around to releasing transfer sheets or I order some custom ones. I'm really happy with how they've turned out, but I shudder to think how much work went into these. Easily 15-20 hours of hobby time for each one. I certainly think it's worth it though. I'm really thrilled to see how well they've turned out.

You can also see my first batch of House Devine Knights in that shot. I'm planning to do a proper photo shoot of all my Titanicus stuff when I've got the first GM box done, so you can get a closer look at them then.

That's all for now. This was really just a post to get the ball rolling on blogging again. I'll fill you in with more detail on what I've been up to with Titanicus over the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Nice one, don’t worry yourself about breaks in your posting habits, RL gets in the way of all of us!
    Knights are looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete